A NEW PARTNER
We are happy to announce a new partnership with PEACE Readers INTL, an e-platform promoting balanced literacy – reading, writing, speaking, listening – accessible to all in a multicultural society as a means to reduce violence and promote peace.
And we welcome its Founder, Darrell Anthony White Woodard, Ph.D (see bio below) to our Advisory Board.
Darrell Anthony White Woodard, Ph.D.
Dr. Darrell Woodard is the founding editor of PEACE Readers INTL, an e-publication for helping professionals and the communities they serve. PEACE Readers INTL is a wholesome platform of healthy expression dedicated to promoting the philosophy that having access to literacy is not just for a few, but for everyone, that literacy is not just being able to read, but being able to read balanced by the related abilities of being able to speak, write, and listen effectively i.e., balanced literacy. “Balanced literacy in a multicultural society increases the probability of developing marketable skills that produce social worth and economic value within the local community and the whole global family.” Balanced literacy, equally accessible to all, through its social and economic values, contributes to reducing violence and creating peace.
Dr. Woodard is uniquely qualified to address, support, and promote balanced literacy and peace. He has a long history of education, leadership and practice in these areas. In addition to having founded PEACE Readers INTL, he serves as Minister of the McKeesport Church of Christ in suburban Pittsburgh, PA. He is a career educator and lifelong student of education having taught Social Studies, Language Arts, Special Education as well serving as a school counselor and in multiple administrative roles including principal. He has served at every level from preschool through high school and college. Dr. Woodard has also served as a family therapist and addictions counselor. As a result of his work and expertise as educator and counselor extraordinaire, Dr. Woodard is a sought after motivational speaker.
Dr. Woodard holds numerous degrees and certificates:
- Master of Liberal Studies Religion & African History, Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, IL
- Certificate of Advanced Substance Abuse Counseling: High Honors, Oakton Community College, Des Plaines, IL. Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
- Master of Science; Type 73 (IL) & 54 (WI) School Counselor Certification, Human Development & Counseling, National Louis University, Chicago (GPA 3.8/4.0). Alpha Delta Omega National Honor Society
- Special Education Certification (#80), Cardinal-Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies, Midwest Bible College, Milwaukee, WI, 4.0 GPA; Class Valedictorian
- MS-Certificate of Advanced Studies; Type 75 (IL) & 51 (WI) School Administration National-Louis University, Chicago * (GPA 4.0/4.0)
- Master of Liberal Studies, National-Louis University, Chicago (GPA 3.8/4.0) • Alpha Delta Omega National Honor Society
- Bachelor of Arts, Education, Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago